eCommerce Project Manager
We're looking to hire an experienced Project Manager to join our team in either our Melbourne office or within Sydney. You will be part of a growing PM team in Australia, following growth in the region, although will be an intrinsic member of the global team.
You will be responsible for the management across the full project life cycle for delivering major eCommerce solutions for a number of organisations predominantly in the retail sector. The role is to be responsible for defining the project, ensuring the project is delivered on time, budget and adhering to quality standards. You will also be responsible for resource management and relationship management with a wide range of stakeholders.
This role will be client facing therefore you must have exceptional communication skills to effectively communicate at all levels within an organisation. You will have overall responsibility for the delivery of high profile projects that are typically between 6 months and 1 years in duration with budgets up to $1m therefore you will have previously managed projects of similar size and scope.
You will need to be comfortable and confident in working autonomously, with limited guidance at times due to time differences.
Key role responsibilities:
- Manage the day-to-day details of the project - including the plan, schedule, resources, task assignments, scope, budget, and risks
- Work with business sponsors, peers and other stakeholders to develop and review of project proposals
- Determine project goals
- Launch project initiatives
- Lead project planning efforts, including determining project scope
- Staffing needs – where and if needed
- Scheduling, identifying risks and issues
- Develop contingency plans
- Facilitate the project kick-off with project team members and appropriate stakeholders
- Report schedule, budget, and delivery details to project stakeholders
- Facilitate project meetings focused on status reporting, problem resolution, feedback
- Fostering open communication within the team on project planning and execution
- Maintain project management deliverable
Essential Experience & Knowledge
- Demonstrable track record of delivering end to end system implementations' ideally eCommerce solutions (Demandware/Salesforce Commerce Cloud, Magento, WCS, Hybris, )
- Client facing experience or the ability and attitude required to excel in a client facing role
- Experience of managing large scale projects across the full SDLC $1m+
- Retail experience would be highly beneficial
- Waterfall, Agile & Prince 2
- Degree educated or equivalent
Desirable Experience & Knowledge
- E-Commerce experience or experience in any of the following is a major advantage:
- User experience and UI design
- Website usability and accessibility
- Search and navigation
- Merchandising and promotions
- Checkout process
- Web analytics
- Working knowledge of at least one of eCommerce platform Magento, WCS, Hybris, Demandware/Salesforce Commerce Cloud
- Knowledge of project management tools and methodologies like MS Project/Prince 2
- Understanding of the full eCommerce Life Cycle
- Exposure to issue management and collaborative tools E.g. Jira, Basecamp
Open to candidates within Melbourne & Sydney.
Relaxed working environment, forward thinking company with growth prospects, 25 days annual leave per year & fantastic team culture.